Margie has many tools at the farm that are clearly antiques. She doesn’t keep them around as decoration; some of them we use on a daily basis and others occasionally. One of my favorites is this citrus press. I’ve used it a few times to save Key Lime juice when the hardy little tree produces a flush of fruit. It’s so nice to have Key Lime ice cubes all year in the freezer. Whenever I need it for a recipe or simply to dress a salad or an avocado I put a cube or two in a cup and let it defrost for a few minutes.
- Bee Heaven Farm: come to Market Sunday 9am-2pm conta.cc/2n5mX58 https://t.co/Fak4PoC1Dx posted 3 days ago
- Alternative Spring Break helpers cleaning up overgrown bromeliads on the farm #asbfarms instagram.com/p/BRq2TNqAW2g/ posted 1 week ago
- Mamacita Nutmeg knows how to relax #onthefarm instagram.com/p/BRos3rFgOUl/ posted 2 weeks ago
- There's hope for a Cleopatra Tangerine crop this year... and it smells heavenly instagram.com/p/BRoseEAA173/ posted 2 weeks ago
- #patternsofnature - bug activity - surface marring only...looks like wood grain/knots in wood... instagram.com/p/BRjpCogg-xU/ posted 2 weeks ago
Antidesma avocados B&B banana flower bananas basil beans Bignay black mustard seeds brassicas bush hog carambola carrots centerpiece chickens chicken tractors citrus press coconut milk cover crops CSA CSA shares curry leaf eggs Farm Day farmers market fermentation fire ants freezes frost protection fruit salad goraka grove groves guava harvest heirloom beans heirloom tomatoes Ice Cream interns irrigation key limes kimchi land preparation longans muntingia no-till organic eggs organic seed packing shares palm hearts pole beans radishes rain RAMBLE recycle reefer truck reuse seed catalogs seedling benches smoked eggs soil spices starts tilling tilth tomatoes topping & hedging tractor trellising tropical fruit untreated seed value-added Volunteers Weeds wwoofers
- Farmer Margie
- It’s guava season
- Farm Day! our annual open house – everyone’s invited
- Tomato Madness – peak of the season
- …around the farm the past few weeks
- Proud to announce: Rachel’s Eggs ranked 4th by Cornucopia Institute
- it’s time to plant, isn’t it?
- Missed GrowFest! 2012? Here’s a second chance to get your seedlings…
- …aaaand, we’re BACK!
- Charge dismissed!
- 57,009 hits